IS "DD-WRT" Worth it?!!!!

After de-briking my Huawei HG532b (as explained in my previous post); I got everything back..

along with "everything" came the lock stats that the router originally had:
you can't use this router with any internet provider except the Saudi Arabian STC..
despite of the fact that I payed for it with my own money..

"by the way there are a lot of people searching for the Echolife HG532b Huawai modem unlock"

searching for a solution... I found that in order to unlock the router I will need another software "firmware"..

and since my last trial with an official one ended in a bad note; the obvious choice was to find a custom firmware..

So I went to the first google result for a custom router firmware...dd-wrt

I began by searching for previous support for my router ... there was none.....
so followed the official steps requesting dd-wrt firmware support for the router

I had to open the router and copy every written line...

I joined their forums and made a post with every thing I know about this specific model..

time went by and I still got no answer...
no body even had a look at the post..... :-(


I think all that effort went out of the window :-(


What do you think??

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for all of your work. I also looked for such as solution, but DDWRT is only for routers, not modem-routers. I just ended up buying a Netgear WNDR3700 and putting DDWRT on that and it works very nicely. Even put a VPN server on it that I can tunnel through with my iPhone.

    PS Telnet root login is @HuaweiHgw but from there it is a very weird shell.

    ReplyDelete